Friends of Rockland Public Library manage the Book Stop, a wonderful used bookstore located on the lower level of the library building. All proceeds help support the Rockland Public Library. The Book Stop, staffed by volunteers, is open year round.
Open hours: Monday to Saturday 10am-1pm. Closed on Sundays & Holidays.
What You Will Find:
We carry hardcovers, traditional paperbacks, trade copy paperbacks, and large print, most in nearly new condition. We have DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, and audio-books. Our shelves are stocked with fiction and non-fiction for children, young adult, and adult readers; topics cover art, science, history, biography, current events, romance, travel, how-to, reference, cookbooks, and everything in between. And then there’s the Curio Cart section!
- DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks – as marked
- Children’s Books - $0.50 or as marked
- Traditional Paperback (small) - $0.50
- Trade Copy Paperback - $2.00
- Hardcover - $3.00 or 2 for $5.00
- Large Print - $1.00
- New Hardcover (marked with a yellow dot sticker) - $4.00
And sometimes there is a SALE on certain items!
Donations & Donation Policy:
Donations to the Friends of books, movies, and music in good condition or better are always welcome. Please be sure items are clean (not musty or moldy).
The Friends are always in need of children’s books.
Please note: We cannot accept multi-volume encyclopedias, textbooks, or books in non-saleable condition.
We regret that we cannot accept the following:
- Musty or moldy or damaged items
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines or other periodicals
- Vinyl records
- VHS tapes
- Home video tapes of television shows
- Most textbooks
- Medical or health books more than 5 years old
- Technical or computer books more than 5 years old
Please call ahead to the Library on (207) 594-0310 if you have more than three boxes or large bags of books to donate. Be sure to leave your name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will call you back to schedule a convenient time for you to bring in a large donation.
You may also email
email@example.com AND Let us know the following:
- Your name and best way to reach you (phone, email)
- Amount of books (ball park estimate)
- Timeline (when you would like to drop off the books)
We'll get right back to you and set up a location for you to drop off the books.
Many thanks for your support!
President of the Board, Friends of Rockland Public Library)
Once donations are accepted, they may be added to the Library’s collection or they may be sold at The Book Stop or at a book sale. In the event of items being sold, the proceeds are used to fund new purchases or programs for the Library. Your donation makes a difference! And we thank you for it!
Volunteering At The Book Stop:
If you are interested in volunteering in The Book Stop, please contact FriendsOfRocklandPublicLibrary@gmail.com