How Do I Get A Library Card?
Rockland residents. People who live in or own property in the city of Rockland are eligible for a "free" card. They pay for library services through property taxes. Rockland property taxes support the operation of the library.
School-age children and teachers (effective 07/01/2018) in Knox County through 12th grade are eligible for a free card. The fee for any other child is $10.00 annually.
Coast Guard Personnel stationed in Rockland are eligible for a free card. Please bring your Coast Guard ID when registering for a card.
- Annual card: $45 (individual or family)
- 3-month card: $25
What do I need to bring?
You will need Photo ID & proof of current address (bill, checkbook, lease agreement, piece of mail which we can see has been delivered by the USPS).
What are my responsibilities?
- Please bring your card when visiting the library.
- Return items in the same condition in which they were borrowed. A fee will be assessed for any materials returned damaged. Damage/replacement fees for Interlibrary Loan items are assessed by the owning library.
- Notify the library (207) 594-0310 if you lose or misplace your card. A replacement card is $1.
- Books & audio-books: 14 days.
- Videos & DVDs: 14 days (DVD limit: 5 checked out at a time).
- New Books: one renewal. Items with a reserve list are not renewable.
- Videos and DVD's: one renewal.
- All other materials: three renewals.
Materials may be renewed by calling the library, or online using the View Your
Full retail cost of the item or replacement copy of same. A block will placed on the library card 2 weeks after final renewal until item(s) are returned/paid/replaced.
Books and other materials that are checked out or on order may be reserved by a
staff member or you can do it yourself from the Card Catalog. You will be notified when the material is available.
Books and other library materials not owned by our library may be obtained through an Interlibrary Loan. Limit on interlibrary loans: up to 15 interlibrary loans may be on a card at a time.
Books drops are located at the front of the library for your convenience.