We are excited to be able to offer these local newspaper archives, though we recognize that the search results may be frustrating right now. Please be patient; this is a work in progress. The Maine State Library/DigitalMaine Repository is helping us to make the searching easier, and the results clearer. We’re very fortunate to have the Rockland Public Library, the Rockland Historical Society, and the Maine State Library all working in concert to ensure that this resource becomes the asset we know it to be.
The Lime Rock Gazette, 1846-1850
The Rockland Gazette, 1851-1882
The Courier Gazette, 1882-1960
brought to you as a public service by
ROCKLAND HISTORICAL SOCIETY ROCKLAND PUBLIC LIBRARY
Funded by: Rockland Public Library Endowment Association,
Friends of the Rockland Public Library, Rockland Historical Society,
Courier Publications Inc., Maine Boats, Homes and Harbors,
Down East Enterprises Inc., Owls Head Transportation Museum,
Sail Power and Steam Museum, Farnsworth Art Museum,
and by many generous individuals.
To Search the Courier Gazette Online
1. Go to digitalmaine.com/rockland.
2. Choose the newspaper that includes the right date.
a. Lime Rock Gazette – 1846-1850
b. Rockland Gazette ¬– 1851-1882
c. Courier Gazette – 1882- 1960
3. In the upper left search box, type a name or subject.
4. Issues that contain the name will be listed. Download an issue.
5. When fully downloaded hold down CTRL and click F. Then retype your search term in the box that pops up. All instances of that word or phrase will be highlighted in the document.