The links below will take you to interesting, informative sites for kids & their families. You can get help with your homework, explore an aquarium, learn about art, music, the science of sports, and much more.
- GREAT WEBSITES FOR KIDS , is a website 0f websites! It's sponsored by the Association For Library Service To Children, a division of the American Library Association (some of the sites included offer services for a fee, but there are plenty of free resources here, too). Includes sites on Animals, Art, History & Biography, Language & Literature, Mathematics & Computers, Reference Desk, Science, and Social Sciences.
Homework Help, General Knowledge, Fun, & Games
- Digital Maine Library! The Digital Maine Library replaces MARVEL and MARVEL for Kids! Through Maine State Library's strong partnerships with both Maine InfoNet and the University of Maine, and contributions by Bates, Bowdoin and Colby, the Digital Maine Library enables features and content that might otherwise not be available. Look for the section with the boxes labeled SUBJECT, RESOURCE TYPE, and AUDIENCE. Use the arrows in AUDIENCE to select Elementary, Middle School, or Teen & High School. You can learn more about it, and how to use the many new features and databases here.
- DK Find Out! Aimed at kids ages 7-11, DK Find Out has fun and education facts about science, mathematics, and much more.
- AA Math is a teacher recommended website where kids will find Basic Math Skills, Interactive Practice & Challenge Games. Many topics such as Decimals, Geometry, and Money are explored. Caution--these site contains advertisements.
- NASA for Students: From the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, this site provides many opportunities to explore and learn. NASA's Vision: We reach for new heights and reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind.
- America's Story: Meet Amazing Americans, Jump Back in Time, Explore the States, and much more! From the Library of Congress.
- Science News for Students: "An award-winning online publication dedicated to providing age-appropriate, topical science news to learners, parents and educators"
- Guinness Book of World Records: From the publisher of the popular record book. Contains links to their products for sale, but also has some fun examples of records in a lively format. Includes a place to submit your own records and record attempts.
- Maine Kids' Page: From the State of Maine home page, a place to learn about Maine and connect with other kids from Maine.
- PBS Kids: All your favorite programs like Clifford, Liberty's Kids, ZOOM, and many more. Contains links to their products for sale
- Sesame Street Online: Fun & games with the Sesame Street gang. Contains links to their products for sale
- Sport Science, Art, Cooking, Optical Illusions: From San Francisco's Exploratorium--cool Baseball, Hockey and Skateboard Science! Magnetic fruit and other science snacks. Color, navigation, more topics than you can imagine, and links to other amazing websites, too.
- National Geographic Kids: From the people who bring you the magazine of the same name. Lots of articles and games in this just-for-kids site.
- National Wildlife Federation: The Internet home of Ranger Rick, and a great place to learn about the animals who share the planet with us.