Friends of Rockland Public Library oversees the The Book Stop, a wonderful used bookstore located on the lower level of the library building. All proceeds help support the Rockland Public Library. The Book Stop, staffed by volunteers, is open year round.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 10am-1pm. Closed on Sundays & Holidays.
What You Will Find:
We carry hardcovers, traditional paperbacks, trade copy paperbacks, and large print. We have DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, and audiobooks. Our shelves are stocked with fiction and non-fiction for children, young adult, and adult readers; topics cover art, science, history, biography, current events, romance, travel, how-to, reference, cookbooks, and everything in between. And then there’s the Curio Cart section!
- DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks – as marked
- Children’s Books - $0.50 or as marked
- Traditional Paperback (small) - $0.50
- Trade Copy Paperback - $2.00
- Hardcover - $3.00 or 2 for $5.00
- Large Print - $1.00
- New Hardcover (marked with a yellow dot sticker) - $4.00
And sometimes there is a SALE on certain items!
Donations & Donation Policy:
Donations of books, movies, and music in good condition or better are always welcome. Please be sure items are clean (not musty or moldy).
We are always in need of children’s books.
Sorry, but we do not accept the following:
- Musty or moldy or damaged items
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines or other periodicals
- Vinyl records
- Home video tapes of television shows
- Most textbooks
- Medical or health books more than 5 years old
- Technical or computer books more than 5 years old
Please call ahead to the Library on (207) 594-0310 if you have more than three boxes or large bags of books to donate. Be sure to leave your name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will call you back to schedule a convenient time for you to bring in a large donation.
Once donations are accepted, they may be added to the Library’s collection or they may be sold at The Book Stop or at a book sale. In the event of items being sold, the proceeds are used to fund new purchases or programs for the Library. Your donation makes a difference! And we thank you for it!
Volunteering At The Book Stop:
If you are interested in volunteering in The Book Stop, please contact Nancy Eugley at (207) 594-7601.