Voting in Rockland, Maine
For any questions or more information on voting and elections, please contact the voting registrar at (207) 594-0304 or email.
Register to Vote
New and current residents of Rockland can register to vote in person at the City Clerk’s office or at the Election Polls. At the time of registration, you will need to provide proof of residency in Rockland and proof of identification.
Acceptable proof of ID: Maine allows you to use any of the following for proof of identification to register to vote:
- Government-issued photograph identification document or credential. A government-issued photograph identification document or credential, including, but not limited to, a current and valid United States passport, military identification, driver’s license or state identification; or
- Other government-issued identification document. A government-issued identification document without a photograph, including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate or a signed social security card; or
- Other official documents. An official document, including, but not limited to, a document confirming eligibility determinations for public benefits, a utility bill, a bank statement, a government check, a paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
- Maine ID or Driver’s License number, or last four of your social security number, if it is already in our computer system
Acceptable proof of Residency: Maine allows you to use any of the following for proof of residency to register to vote:
- A direct statement of intention by the person pursuant to section 121, subsection 1;
- The location of any dwelling currently occupied by the person;
- The place where any motor vehicle owned by the person is registered;
- The residence address, not a post office box, shown on a current income tax return;
- The residence address, not a post office box, at which the person’s mail is received;
- The residence address, not a post office box, shown on any current resident hunting or fishing licenses held by the person;
- The residence address, not a post office box, shown on any motor vehicle operator’s license held by the person;
- The receipt of any public benefit conditioned upon residency, defined substantially as provided in this subsection; or
- Any other objective facts tending to indicate a person’s place of residence.
Where to Vote?
Election Polls are located at the Flanagan Community Center on 61 Limerock Street (get directions). Polls are open 8 am to 8 pm on Election Day. Interested in helping at the Election Polls? Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (207) 594-0304 or email.
Maine Absentee Ballot Requests
You can access the State of Maine Online Absentee Ballot Request Service here.
City of Rockland Elections
Upcoming elections will be posted in the Alerts & Announcements section on the Clerk’s Office page.