The Recharge Rockland Electrification Expo is a new, free, outdoor community event showcasing electric and energy efficient technologies, hosted by the City of Rockland. The expo will feature educational institutions, businesses and agencies involved in electrification and energy efficiency. Come by Harbor Park to test ride e-bikes, check out electric vehicles and electric boats, and learn about opportunities for home efficiency improvement. This event will include kid-friendly activities. All are welcome!
Where: Harbor Park, 1 Pleasant Street, Rockland
When: Saturday, October 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rain date: Saturday, October 21)
The Expo will feature:
- Electric bike demos
- On-water and landside electric boat displays
- New electric vehicles, and one antique 1912 Woods Electric Brougham
- Electric tools and toys including an e-snowmobile, e-lawnmowers, and e-power tools
- Squishy Circuits: a fun, hands-on, kid-friendly activity to explore the basics of electricity and electrical circuits
- And more!
Scheduled events include:
- 11 - 11:30 a.m. E-bike Q&A: Get all your questions about e-bikes answered by Jim Tasse of Bicycle Coalition of Maine!
- 1 - 2 p.m. EV 101 Panel: Learn about incentives for electric vehicles, types of EVs, and their benefits from Hogan Dwyer of Efficiency Maine, Armando Robaina of Shepard Toyota, and local EV enthusiast Shawn McCarty.
- The Apprenticeshop
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine/MaineDOT
- The Boat Yard/Shred Electric
- Charge Infrastructure
- Efficiency Maine
- E.L. Spear
- Island Institute
- Key Ford of Rockland
- Knox County Regional Airport
- Maine Electric Boat Co.
- Owls Head Transportation Museum
- Pendleton Yacht Yard
- ReVision Energy
- Shepard Toyota
- Sidecountry Sports