Police Review Committee
Monday, June 27 4:30 pm on Zoom
Agenda Items (subject to change)
Creating a committee report
- What could be included in the report?
- Consider a working outline for the report
- Review work completed
- Generate list of work that still needs be done
- What a reasonable timeline for the report?
- How should this be presented to the public?
- What venues can we utilize to share information
- Do we want feedback?
- Where to recommendations fit into this report?
- Recommendations could be part of this, but do not need to be finalized or voted on
Use of Force
Please see meeting notes for information regarding use of force continuum and deadly force triangle
- Grievance mechanisms
- Considering the officer who was charged with assaulting an elder woman recently – how does this help us understand use of force and grievance processes
- Is the DA process enough for citizens with grievances?
- How would a grievance process have credibility and good standing with the public?
- Standing citizen review committee and use of force data collection
- Potential recommendation ideas: police academy to educated citizens about the PD, training for Rockland citizens to report crime
Other suggested agenda items:
- Use of time
- Spending time in vehicles vs person to person interaction (see articles below)
- Current staffing, call volume, and response time
- Hearing from officers about their work days
- Standing review committee
- Hiring of chief of police
- Including Rockland PD officers in our discussion
Set agenda for next meeting
- What outreach or research needs to be done before our next meeting? Who will do it?
- Generate agenda items
- Next meeting Monday, July 11,4:30 pm – any conflicts?
- Next notetaker: