Special Circumstances Absentee Voting
The deadline to request an absentee ballot without a reason for the November 7, 2023 General Election is the close of business on Thursday, November 2, 2023.
After this deadline, voters may request an absentee ballot by completing and signing a Special Circumstances Application.
On the Application the voter must indicate which of the four allowable reasons to request an absentee ballot after the deadline applies to them, as follows:
1) Unexpected absence from the municipality during the entire time the polls are open on Election Day; or
2) Physical or mental disability;
3) Inability to travel to the polls if the voter is a resident of an island ward or precinct.;
4) Incapacity or illness that has resulted in the voter being unable to leave home or a treatment facility; or
5) Being a caregiver who is unable to attend the polls due to the incapacity or illness of another person.
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (207) 594-0304
or call the Maine Division of Elections at 207-624-7650.