A changelog of how the network of sites is being maintained, improved and developed. Do you have an idea, bug to report or just general feedback? Let us know!
General bug fixes, performance improvements, and security updates.
- Improved – Links in short news feed posts (e.g. “Click here for agenda.”) are now clickable without following “Read More” links.
- Improved – Restored and edited quick links under search bar of home page.
v1.3 (late 2018)
- Improved – Massive page loading performance upgrade throughout the site as a result of code and site optimizations
- Added – Public Library site has now been integrated
- Added – Online Archived Rockland Newspapers search tool
- Added – There has been a lot of minor additions to content throughout the site that are designed for a better user experience
- Fixed – A plethora of minor issues throughout the site have been fixed since the last update, including design & content
- Fixed – Social stream data is now stable with Facebook’s API changes
- Removed keyword searches module from home page
- Fixed – Contact us online button on City Directory now working as it should
- Updated – Library digital resources links updated for new database system
- Improved – Events module received numerous updates to improve user experience, especially when adding a new event (thanks to Library staff for the feedback)
- Fixed – Bug in FireFox browsers that prevented scrolling of sliding panel module (Thank you for the bug report)
- Updated – Numerous modules updated with various minor fixes and security patches
- Fixed – City Manager profile photo now responsive to smaller devices
- Added – Disclaimer to online forms
- Added – Tax Bills page to Assessing Dept. with easier to access, downloadable tax bills
- Fixed – Social streams not updating
- Fixed – Text overflow issue on select elements
- Improved – Documents will now automatically open via Google Drive, allowing for easy printing and downloading of files (Thank you for the great feedback)
- Fixed – Event posting bugs
- Improved – Calendar now displays event data with only a single click (instead of two).
- Improved – Reworked document browsers for mobile devices to remove some frustrating behavior.
- Fixed – Department quick link text now responds to clicks and taps.
- Improved – Manage tab for group admins is now much easier to find (First tab in group menu)
- Improved – Custom Content blocks are now sorted alphabetically
- Updated – File syncing performance and other bug fixes
- Improved – Link sharing via any document module now includes the ability to share links to files straight to social media networks
- Updated – Numerous modules (with many small bug fixes)
- Improved – Report It, Fix It was overhauled, receiving a large number of updates, making it much easier to use on all devices
- Fixed – Administrative issues with Jobs module
- Fixed – Inconsistent Document Browser settings
- Added – Missing documents / files to the document library
- Added – Incorporated Chapter 19 of City Code into smart code viewer
- Added – New Harbor webcams hooked up to live YouTube feed (Thank you to Nate Davis for volunteering his time)
- Improved – Home page calendar layout
- Improved – Loading speed of home page
- Improved – Calendar colors now much easier to see
- Added – More gallery images (Thank you to those that donated these great images)
- Fixed – Broken news link on department pages
- Updated – Rockland Tax Maps to latest version
- Fixed – Facebook expired user token issue, social feeds are now updating daily again
v1.0.4 (Public Beta)
- Improved — home page calendar now much more useful.
- Improved — better calendar performance on mobile.
- Improved — workflow improvements for document libraries.
v1.0.3 (Public Beta)
- Fixed – Various calendar and document permissions issues.
- Fixed – Document upload automatic conversion issue.
- Fixed – Empty tile on home page.
- Fixed – Document search not working for group-specific document browsers.
- Fixed – Minor CSS issues.
- Improved – Event date pickers now start on Sunday.
- Improved – Removed “Leave Group” button. This will reduce accidental departures from groups, and group admins can remove people as appropriate.
- Fixed – Document search placeholder text corrected.
- Improved – Mobile icons for group functions more accurately reflect the functions.
- Fixed – Registration issue for non-residents
v1.0.2 (Public Beta)
- Added – Harbor Trail map and made other updates to the Harbor Trail Page
- Fixed – Broken news link on department pages
- Fixed – Custom Content module p tag wrapping issue
- Fixed – Bug in Internet Explorer 11 that stopped the groups sub navigation from appearing
- Added – Report It, Fix it!: If not logged in, user will be presented with a popup asking to login or register to use the system
- Improved – Report It, Fix it!: When uploading a photo via a mobile device, it is now easier to see its progress
- Improved – Report It, Fix it!: After issue submission, user is now presented with a thank you modal popup. This ensures the user is made aware of a successful submission, regardless of email notification
- Fixed – Reset password issue
- Fixed – Minor styling issues on sub navigational menus
v1.0.1 (Public Beta)
- Improved – Comprehensive Plan AI module to present its results within a modal window instead of a new popup window, which were being blocked by some browsers (Thanks to PJ Walter for notifying us of this issue)
- Improved – Added instructional text to Comprehensive Plan AI Module’s results
- Improved – Document Library file lists now sort by name
- Added – Database object caching was turned on at the server level for increased site performance
- Added – More night time background images were added to the home page (will show randomly at night – thanks to Ed Slawson)
- Fixed – Department pages intro text now correctly appearing in live search results
- Updated – Feedback form
- Updated – City Manager Information
- Added – More images to the Rockland photo gallery
- Fixed – Social feeds cron issue now sorted. Feeds will now update daily
- Added – Subscribe / Unsubscribe button to news articles, now users can subscribe directly to news categories with ease
- Fixed – Minor CSS issues
- Added – Search Engine Optimizations for major pages throughout the site
- Updated – The site is now open for Google to index, which includes monitoring of the SERPs
- Updated – Files within the Document Library that include a date have been mostly rearranged to utilize the ISO 8061 naming standard. This brings most of Rockland’s publicly available data up to an international standard
- Added – User registrations have been opened
- Fixed – Active tabs styling
- Updated – Styling of groups module
- Updated – Sign up form
- Fixed – Missing document manager for City Council group
- Fixed – Minor CSS issues
- Added – Custom Content module for group admins. This powerful content management module will allow groups to create their own content throughout the network and update it from a centralized point
- Added – Knowledge Base articles are being added, which will teach group admins on how to manage their data / members. It also will allow residents and non-residents to access helpful information on what they can do within the network. This will be an ongoing project as it will need to be updated as we continue to develop and improve modules within the network