The links below will take you to interesting, informative sites for kids & their families. You can get help with your homework, explore an aquarium, learn about art, music, the science of sports, and much more.
- GREAT WEBSITES FOR KIDS FOR KIDS, is a website 0f websites! It's sponsored by the Association For Library Service To Children, a division of the American Library Association (some of the sites included offer services for a fee, but there are plenty of free resources here, too). Includes sites on Animals, Art, History & Biography, Language & Literature, Mathematics & Computers, Reference Desk, Science, and Social Sciences.
Homework Help, General Knowledge, Fun, & Games
- MARVEL for KIDS! This is the kids' section of Maine's Virtual Library!
- DK Find Out! Aimed at kids ages 7-11, DK Find Out has fun and education facts about science, mathematics, and much more.
- Challenger Learning Center of Maine Great links for teachers and kids doing space related research.
- AAA Math is a teacher recommended website where kids will find Basic Math Skills, Interactive Practice & Challenge Games. Many topics such as Decimals, Geometry, and Money are explored. Caution--these site contains advertisements.
- NASA for Students: From the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, this site provides many opportunities to explore and learn. NASA's Vision: We reach for new heights and reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind.
- America's Library: Meet Amazing Americans, Jump Back in Time, Explore the States, and much more! From the Library of Congress.
- Guinness Book of World Records: From the publisher of the popular record book. Contains links to their products for sale, but also has some fun examples of records in a lively format. Includes a place to submit your own records and record attempts.
- Maine Kids' Page: From the State of Maine home page, a place to learn about Maine and connect with other kids from Maine.
- PBS Kids: All your favorite programs like Clifford, Liberty's Kids, ZOOM, and many more. Contains links to their products for sale
- KidsHub: KidsHub is a noncommercial educational portal to free high-quality online interactive learning games, puzzles, and quizzes for elementary and middle school students.
- Sport! Science: From San Francisco's Exploratorium--cool Baseball, Hockey and Skateboard Science! Magnetic fruit and other science snacks. Color, navigation, more topics than you can imagine, and links to other amazing websites, too.
- National Geographic Kids: From the people who bring you the magazine of the same name. Lots of articles and games in this just-for-kids site.
- National Wildlife Federation: The Internet home of Ranger Rick, and a great place to learn about the animals who share the planet with us.