Friends of Rockland Public Library is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the mission of supporting the goals of the Rockland Public Library and its Advisory Board in their efforts to serve the City and the greater Rockland community.
The Friends raise money by way of…
- special events
- book & bake sales
- annual appeals
- membership drives (see below for more info!)
- The BookStop, a fantastic used bookstore (see below for more info!)
Our special events aim to fundraise while bringing our community together in the spirit of our great local library. Such events include Our Neighbors’ Gardens garden tour, the summertime Book, Bake & Botanicals Sale, and the Holiday House Tour & Tree Auction.
These events, along with our other fundraising initiatives, allow us to…
- underwrite library cards for children outside of the library’s service area
- subsidize inter-library loans for RPL card holders
- purchase children’s books and other materials for the library
- replace public access computers on a regular basis
- present special programs for all ages
- provide continuing education opportunities for library staff
- assist with the Books-on-Wheels program
Along with Rockland Public Library Endowment Association (RPLEA) and many other donors, the Friends also contribute funding to special projects such as the grand building addition in 2000-2001, and the new granite “book” sign that was installed on the front lawn of the library in June of 2014.
Most of all, Friends of Rockland Public Library is a group of skilled and dedicated volunteers who simply love this library. Countless volunteer hours are given each month in an effort to help the library in a myriad of ways.
Friends also oversee the running of The BookStop, a wonderful used bookstore located on the lower level of the library building.
Joining The Friends
Becoming a Friend is easy! You can join for as little as $10. Membership levels include:
- Friend - $10
- Partner - $25
- Patron - $50
- Benefactor - $100 or more
All membership dues and donations are tax deductible. Members receive our bi-annual newsletter, THE ROCKLAND READER.
How Do I Join?
To join, simply:
- Print out a Friends brochure (includes application).
- Mail application & dues check to: Friends of Rockland Public Library, PO Box 764, Rockland, ME 04841
Board of Directors